Children & Youth
at St. Cecilia Parish
Parish Religious Education Program (PREP)
Welcome to the PREP! PREP is in session September-June.
- Classes are held beginning in Kindergarten and continuing through High School, with knowledge and understanding of the Faith building year upon year
- Participation in the program for First Confession and First Holy Communion requires preparation in regular Faith Formation through PREP or Catholic school in the second grade as well as Kindergarten and first grade
- High School student classes (9-12) include the formal study for Confirmation.
Things to Know
- PREP is for YOU, as a parent, to support you in family faith formation
- The Archbishop guides the faith education of your children by the use of his benchmarks implemented at St. Cecilia
- You are welcomed and encouraged to join the volunteer staff led by the Pastoral Assistant for Faith Formation, Cassie Wolfe.
When and How
K-6 PREP is held on Mondays from 2:00-3:30 p.m. It begins in Conger Hall with snack and prayer, moves to the Faith Center and dismisses from there. Classes begin September 17, 2018
7th AND 8th PREP is held on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-7:45 p.m. in the Chardin Room/lower level of the Faith Center.
HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH GROUP is held Sunday evenings in the St. Monica Room of the Faith Center. Families take turns providing dinner for the group. Fall kickoff starts with a potluck and Mass celebrated at the youth leader’s home. Watch the Sunday Bulletin for details! Contact Mary Feeney for more information.
PREP AT HOME is available for parents desiring to homeschool religious education and/or sacrament preparation. It is coordinated through Ms. Cassie Wolfe
- Family Registration Form PREP Registration 2018.19
- Waiver Form (one per child) Parent-Guardian Consent Form
- Parish Registration Form – for new families
Completed forms can be sent to the parish office, or dropped in the offertory basket at Mass.
Want to volunteer with children?
A Safe Environment class is required for everyone who volunteers with children or vulnerable adults. Sign up at virtusonline.org. Classes are offered at St. Cecilia, as well as other locations for your convenience.
Flocknote Sign Up
Join us Saturday February 16 following the 5pm Mass to celebrate World Marriage Day with a special Wine and Cheese event. Everyone is welcome!
Thank you to the parishioners who helped clear the sidewalks and parking lot! In the event of the next Big Snow, all are invited to bring a shovel, come early for Mass, and join the fun.
PARISH CALENDAR: February 2019
Liturgical Ministers schedule The schedule is also posted in the vestibule of the church.
To view the Mothers & Others 2018-19 calendar of events click HERE