Children & Youth
Parish Religious Education Program (PREP)
- Family Registration Form Registration – K-12 2019/2020
- Waiver Form (one per child) Parent-Guardian Consent Form
- Parish Registration Form for families new to the parish. WELCOME!
- Sacrament registration for First Communion and First Reconciliation
- Confirmation Registration for high school students
Completed forms can be sent to the parish office, or dropped in the offertory basket at Mass.
Welcome to the PREP! PREP is in session September-June.
- Classes are held beginning in Kindergarten and continuing through High School, with knowledge and understanding of the Faith building year upon year
- Participation in the program for First Confession and First Holy Communion requires preparation in regular Faith Formation through PREP or Catholic school in the second grade as well as Kindergarten and first grade
- High School student classes (9-12) include the formal study for Confirmation.
Things to Know
- PREP is for YOU, as a parent, to support you in family faith formation
- The Archbishop guides the faith education of your children by the use of his benchmarks implemented at St. Cecilia
- You are welcomed and encouraged to join the volunteer staff led by the Pastoral Assistant for Faith Formation, Cassie Nicholson.
When and How
K-6 PREP is held on Mondays from 2:00-3:30 p.m. It begins in Conger Hall with snack and prayer, moves to the Faith Center and dismisses from there. Classes begin September 16, 2019
7th AND 8th PREP is held on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-7:45 p.m. in the Chardin Room/lower level of the Faith Center. Classes begin October 2, 2019
HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH GROUP is held Sunday evenings in the St. Monica Room of the Faith Center. Families take turns providing dinner for the group. Fall kickoff starts with a potluck and Mass celebrated outside the church on September 22, 2019. Watch the Sunday Bulletin for details! Contact Mary Feeney for more information.
PREP AT HOME is available for parents desiring to homeschool religious education and/or sacrament preparation. It is coordinated through Mrs. Cassie Nicholson
Want to volunteer with children?
A Safe Environment class is required for everyone who volunteers with children or vulnerable adults. Sign up at virtusonline.org. Classes are offered at St. Cecilia, as well as other locations for your convenience.
Flocknote Sign Up
This week we were supposed to take up the Catholic Relief Services Collection to help Jesus in disguise. Your contributions to St. Cecilia Parish and CRS are still needed so please continue to give by either mailing in your donation or giving online. Thank you!
Saint Vincent de Paul Brown Bag and Monetary Donations are Still Needed: Until further notice, please drop off your food or monetary donations at Helpline House directly, instead of leaving them in the church.
What they need at Helpline House:
Kid-Friendly Food: cereal, granola bars, oatmeal, fruit cups
Pull-top ready to eat foods: Hearty soups, canned fruit, tuna, canned meats, beans
Fresh foods: smaller bagged salads, oranges, apples, pears