Children & Youth Faith Formation at St. Cecilia Parish
Parish Religious Education Program (PREP)
Welcome to the PREP! PREP is in session September-June.
- Classes are held beginning in Kindergarten and continuing through High School, with knowledge and understanding of the Faith building year upon year
- Participation in the program for First Confession and First Holy Communion requires preparation in regular Faith Formation through PREP or Catholic school in the second grade as well as Kindergarten and first grade
- High School student classes (9-12) include the formal study for Confirmation.
Things to Know
- PREP is for YOU, as a parent, to support you in family faith formation
- The Archbishop guides the faith education of your children by the use of his benchmarks implemented at St. Cecilia
- You are welcomed and encouraged to join the volunteer staff led by the Pastoral Assistant for Faith Formation, Terry Markuly
When and How
K-6 PREP is held on Mondays from 2:00-3:30 p.m. It begins in Conger Hall with snack and prayer, moves to the Faith Center and dismisses from there. Classes begin Sept. 18, 2017.
7th AND 8th PREP is held on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-7:45 p.m. in the Chardin Room/lower level of the Faith Center. Classes begin on October 4, 2017.
HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH GROUP is held Sunday evenings in the St. Monica Room of the Faith Center. Families take turns providing dinner for the group. Fall kickoff starts with a potluck and Mass celebrated at the youth leader’s home. Watch the Sunday Bulletin for details!
PREP AT HOME is available for parents desiring to homeschool religious education and/or sacrament preparation. It is coordinated through Mrs. Terry Markuly.
- Registration Form – all ages
- Parish Registration Form – for new families
- PREP Calendar 2017-18 rev.
- PREP at Home Registration
- PREP Brochure 2017-18 rev.
- Parent PREP Staff List 2017-18
Completed forms can be sent to the parish office, or dropped in the offertory basket at Mass.
Want to volunteer with children?
A Safe Environment class is required for everyone who volunteers with children or vulnerable adults. Sign up at virtusonline.org. Classes are offered at St. Cecilia, as well as other locations for your convenience.
Lenten Group Study is beginning soon. We will be using the booklet entitled, “Getting More Out of Mass” which compliments the parish Christmas gift, “Understanding the Mass.” St. Cecilia Parish needs volunteers to be group leaders. Contact the parish office (206) 842-3594 if your are interested. Click here for our web page and more information.
FRIDAY LENTEN SOUP SUPPERS will be held at 5:30 PM in Conger Hall. Please join us this week for Potato Corn Chowder! All donations will benefit the St. Cecilia Haiti Fund.
ICONS OF CHRIST: Join Fr. Peter Henriot for a a special evening of prayer and meditations. Encounter our poorest brothers and sisters around the world to whom Catholic Relief Services responds. March 8, 7:00 pm – 8:15 pm in the church.