Children & Youth Faith Formation at St. Cecilia Parish
Parish Religious Education Program (PREP)
Welcome to the PREP! PREP is in session September-June.
- Classes are held beginning in Kindergarten and continuing through High School, with knowledge and understanding of the Faith building year upon year
- Participation in the program for First Confession and First Holy Communion requires preparation in regular Faith Formation through PREP or Catholic school in the second grade as well as Kindergarten and first grade
- High School student classes (9-12) include the formal study for Confirmation.
Things to Know
- PREP is for YOU, as a parent, to support you in family faith formation
- The Archbishop guides the faith education of your children by the use of his benchmarks implemented at St. Cecilia
- You are welcomed and encouraged to join the volunteer staff led by the Pastoral Assistant for Faith Formation, Terry Markuly
When and How
K-6 PREP is held on Mondays from 2:00-3:30 p.m. It begins in Conger Hall with snack and prayer, moves to the Faith Center and dismisses from there. Classes begin Sept. 18, 2017.
7th AND 8th PREP is held on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-7:45 p.m. in the Chardin Room/lower level of the Faith Center. Classes begin on October 4, 2017.
HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH GROUP is held Sunday evenings in the St. Monica Room of the Faith Center. Families take turns providing dinner for the group. Fall kickoff starts with a potluck and Mass celebrated at the youth leader’s home. Watch the Sunday Bulletin for details!
PREP AT HOME is available for parents desiring to homeschool religious education and/or sacrament preparation. It is coordinated through Mrs. Terry Markuly.
- Registration Form – all ages
- Parish Registration Form – for new families
- PREP Calendar 2017/2018
- PREP at Home Registration
Completed forms can be sent to the parish office, or dropped in the offertory basket at Mass.
Fr. Mitchell’s letter to parents about sacraments
Want to volunteer with children?
A Safe Environment class is required for everyone who volunteers with children or vulnerable adults. Sign up at virtusonline.org. Classes are offered at St. Cecilia, as well as other locations for your convenience. The next class at St. Cecilia will be Thursday August 31, 2017 in the St. Monica Room at 6:15 p.m. Please register in advance.
The Annual Simbang Gabi Mass is on Thursday, December 14th at 6:00pm. A reception will be held in Conger Hall after the Mass. All are welcome to attend!
Confessions During Advent will heard during the following times:
Sunday, December 10th: 9:10-9:45am
Saturday, December 16th: 9:30-10:00am, 4:00-4:45pm
Sunday, December 17th: 9:10-9:45am
Wednesday, December 20th: 9:30-10:00am & 7:00-8:00pm
Saturday, December 23rd: 9:30am-10:00am, 4:00-4:45pm & 6:00-6:30pm
Sunday, December 24th: 9:10-9:45am, 11:00-11:30am
Christmas Mass Times are as follows:
December 24th: 5:00pm Vigil Mass – Carols begin at 4:30pm by the Contemporary Choir with the Children’s Choir
December 24th 9:00pm Mass During the Night – Carols begin at 8:30 pm by the Vigil Choir
December 25th: 9:00am Mass During the Day – Vigil Choir
The Parish Office Will Be Closed December 25th – 27th for Christmas and on Monday, January 1st for New Year’s Day.
The Solemnity of Mary, the Holy Mother of God is on New Year’s Day, Monday, January 1st. Mass will be held at 9:00am.